Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Meeting a New Friend, She Was Completely Undressed At the Time, Revisited. 7/16/13

Try to bear patiently with the defects and infirmities
of others, whatever they may be, because you also
have many a fault which others must endure. 
 Thomas à Kempis,  (Photographer's caption)
      Hello, how is everyone?

I just got in from a  trip to Oakland where I met with others regarding business and finances. Afterwards, a friend, prepared an unexpected meal. We had a nice time, fulfilling in more ways than one.

      Little did I know that I was about to meet a new friend. Usually, hairy females I'm not drawn to.  With this new friend I was.  And how.  In this case there were reasons that drew attention.

     The home was lovely, my first time there. Artistic ceramics, paintings and sculptures abounded. Cheerful home photos filled the place with familial love.  The twenty some recessed lights in the living room where tastefully recessed into the ceiling.  The expansive deck in the backyard and well groomed lawn was restful to the eye and soul. The study overflowed with books---my kind of place.

     Then I met her; I was introduced to Ellie.  In an instant, I fell in love with her.  She was naked when I encountered her. She didn't mind.   This lady was a lovely, green-eyed, raven-haired, limping, fat, dirty, constantly complaining, permanently-wounded-by-a-raccoon, house cat.

     There's a way I silently signal a cat that beckons them to me. She limped directly to where I sat on the couch. A cat with character always makes me smile.

      By the end of the night, my face ached.  Ellie's insatiable craving for affection  met a stranger who deeply missed a recently deceased cat.  The combination made for a happy chubby feline. The massage I gave to my former Russian Blue buddy Alexander, she received.  She meowed her approval. This obese naked lady insisted that I minister to her.  She was in kitty heaven; the innkeeper was happy, too.

       The female friend who wasn't naked, spoke while she cooked.  We traded stories about relating with others whose perspective makes them gripe and complain as easily as it is for them to breathe. You know by now I enjoy staying in the solution.  Finding healthy, constructive alternatives to our plight, when immersed with a problem, is better than harping upon them. You know that about me.

       While cooking my human friend shared about feedback she's gotten at work about her somber disposition. Her authenticity raised her a few notches in my book   Wow.  Awareness and vulnerability is hard work. Without it, change is impossible.  Seeing the problem has to happen before improvements can happen.  My friend's desire for a happier disposition was impressive.

My Gratitudes for Tuesday: 

1. I spent two hours today transforming clutter into order.

     It was a relief putting items away, creating order. I have plenty to do, but it was wonderful establishing clarity in my home.

2. I had a terrific session with a client. I love the subject matter we discussed----time management.
3. I was glad being with others in San Rafael. I'm clarifying my vision regarding work and the finances of my business. There's serenity in doing the numbers. I'm training my inner adult. Not addressing issues financially is not a disease of mathematics, it's a disease of low self-esteem.

4.  I delighted to meet Ellie. The unexpeced meal was fine, too.
5. Thoughtfulness from others are little kisses from God that remind me of His love for me. Better than the meal was the fellowship I shared with my friend.
6. I'm glad that though I got lost on the way to seeing my friend, it was worth the effort. I'm thankful for persistence; as a result I was fed, had a wonderful conversation and met a new girlfriend: Ellie.

       I'm tired; I'm heading for bed. I'll share more with you tomorrow.
Image: "Scotland: Loch Cluanie"  by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

No comments:

Post a Comment